MARNIE DAVIS | LMHC, CEDS-S
Brief Description/Abstract: EATING DISORDERS, EGO STATES AND EMDR: ENGAGING IN THE DANCE
This training is an updated version of a previously offered program. It is intended to enhance the EMDR Therapist’s understanding of the development of an eating disorder mindset and the many purposes it serves to protect and defend an internal system of parts. It outlines comprehensive client history and treatment planning and explores the relationship between trauma, attachment and dissociation.
The training discusses effective resource development installation throughout the 8 phases of EMDR. It explores methods to enhance collaboration with parts, decrease fragmentation, foster healing and increase self-energy. It outlines effective protocols for desensitizing positive feeling states, urges, triggers, and defenses of the eating disorder and assists with compassionately accessing and healing the disowned/rejected parts of self.
- PROGRAM LENGTH: 4 hour webinar
- EMDRIA CREDITS OFFERED: 4 EMDRIA credits offered
- TRAINING FORMAT: Self-paced webinar including 30 days access.
- EMDR TRAINING LEVEL: Full EMDR training required
- Objective 1: Participants will be able to summarize the factors involved in the development of an eating disorder and identify the relationship between eating disorders, trauma, attachment injuries and dissociation.
- Objective 2: Participants will be able to describe how to complete a comprehensive client history and treatment planning process and explain the importance of collaborating with ego states.
- Objective 3: Participants will be able to identify at least five effective resource development strategies for the treatment of eating disorders.
- Objective 4: Participants will be able to describe at least three ways to utilize resource development and other affect management skills with ego states and throughout the 8 phases of EMDR.
- Objective 5: Participants will be able to describe how to interweave RDI’s while using standard protocol for touchstones.
- Objective 6: Participants will be able to summarize protocols for desensitization of positive feeling states, urges, triggers, and defenses related to eating disorder ego states
- Objective 7: Participants will be able to describe at least two methods helpful in decreasing defenses and compassionately accessing disowned/rejected parts of self.
Stay tuned for more Advanced Trainings by Marnie on the treatment of eating disorder and other areas of speciality. Check back soon!
"Marnie is such a gifted teacher. She can take nuanced, layered, and complex material and make it totally digestible by the non-eating disorder specialist. This training was extremely well done."
We, at Elevate EMDR, aim to serve all individuals equally, without discrimination. If there is anything we can do to assist with you during your training process, live or webinar-based, please let us know. We will do our best to meet the needs of all attendees.
EMDRIA Education Credits
It is our goal to provide high quality, comprehensive and up-to-date trainings. Elevate EMDR holds to the learning standards set forth by EMDRIA.
All advanced trainings offered by Elevate EMDR, are EMDRIA-approved trainings. Each training, whether live or pre-recoded webinar, will provide a specified number of EMDRIA-approved education credits. EMDRIA credits are listed on all marketing materials and all program certificates. Attendees will receive a CE certificate upon completion of the webinar and submission of both the post-test and course evaluation.
State Specific Continuing Education Credits
Currently, Elevate EMDR does not provide continuing education credit for state licensure boards, only EMDRIA Credits. We hope to have this in place, soon. If you are interested in receiving CE credits for our advanced trainings, we encourage you to reach out to your state licensing board to request next steps.
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US!
Please click the button below to view our courses and to start your EMDR Training.